Hospital Building Cake (Yeah!-Doll House!)

When I was a kid, I loved loved loved playing with doll houses. Even today, I feel totally giddy whenever I see one. When I was contacted about doing this cake version of the new Heart Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital my heart skipped a beat. Its a truly amazing building designed by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners that is both gorgeous from the outside, and includes new kinds of spaces on the inside— for example, hybrid operating rooms that could quickly change from noninvasive to invasive surgery if a patient had problems in the midst of a seemingly routine procedure.
This one year anniversary celebration was such a joy to get to be part of.




Comments

  1. Absolutely breathtaking. I love architecture and you have captured it so well with your cake, Kate. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Fantastic job, I would'nt have the nerve to cut into this cake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So completely amazing Kate!! I am so glad you took detail shots too...the paintings inside and the chairs, hello awesome!! Love love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment